It might be the off season, but there’s plenty going on at the club.
- Reba Knickerbocker (Coach K) is coming to town December 1 to run a clinic titled: “Your Athletic Brain”. See details and registration information below. All are welcome.
- Buoy Ball this Saturday. 6pm start. 6:30pm Dinner. 7:30pm awards. 8-11pm Dancing. BYOB. Please arrange your transportation thoughtfully. Sober drivers available, or use Uber/Lyft.
- Winter Coached Erg Schedule–Coached Ergs MWF 5:30am-7am in the Rose City bay. Members only
- Station L bay ergs. T/TH/F mornings, open to all members. M and W mornings, PSU has 10 ergs–remainder open to STL members. M-F Rose City uses Station L ergs from 4:00pm-6:30pm.
- Thanksgiving Day open row. Join us at 7am. All members welcome.
“Your Athletic Brain” clinic information
The Women’s Sweep Team invites you to attend a masters rower workshop given by Reba Knickerbocker (Coach K) entitled:
Your Athletic Brain:The How and Why of Mental Skills Training
One of the most underutilized training tools for rowers is the brain. In this workshop I’ll introduce you to a bevy of mental skills that you can use on a daily basis to not only enhance your rowing experience, but also your life experience.
Skills that will be discussed:
-Pre-performance Routines-Positive Self Talk -Visualization and Imagery-Goal Setting
Hope to see you there. Go Station L!
Date: Saturday, December 1
Time: 2-4 PM
Cost: $15**RSVP: ASAP 😉
Sign up and payment information:Sign up with Anne Reid via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or in person. Payment in check, cash, or via Venmo (@Anne-Reid-6) prior to event.
*Boathouse with BYOCH (bring your own chair) is default location. I am working on an alternative venue. If you have a central location to suggest or office that holds up to 50 people comfortably, please let me know.
**Sliding scale payment options available