Skip to main content

Rowing and River Conditions

The recent rains have made the river unrowable for the time being.   The situation is fluid (ha, ha), and can change daily.  It is my belief that we have at best a 1 in 4 chance of rowing this Saturday.  The river forecast shows a modest drop over the next few days, but debris flow will still be an issue.   This is typical for the winter–and often we won’t know if the river is rowable until we show up in the morning.  Last year I don’t think we missed a day due to high flows.

I’m sure that Travis will not hold any of the women to their TeamSnap promises, so don’t worry about it.   We will have a couple of coaches present, for those members who show up.  If we don’t row, we will erg or fix boats or clean stuff.  Or go out to breakfast.