Hello scullers, both members and non-members. Here is a quick update and reminder of the sculling program at Station L. If you are not currently up to date on your membership, please join up.
LEVEL 4 Sculling
- Starting Monday, May 12th Level 4 sculling will be starting with Sam Taylor as the coach
- If you don’t know if you meet the requirements for Level 4 please talk to Peter or Brad.
- Generally the Level 4 rowers have passed the 1x captain’s test, plan to race competitively, and looking for those little improvements to be more competitive.
- Level 4 sculling meets at 5am on M/W until the Head of the Dog race.
LEVEL 3 Sculling
- Level 3 sculling continues to meet on Friday @ 5am and Sunday at 7am.
- If you don’t know if you meet the requirements for Level 3 please talk to Peter or Brad.
- They can coordinate taking the 2x or 1x captain’s tests. The goal is to have tests once a month.
Level 2 Sculling
- There has been 1 Level 2 sculling class so far with a few folks passing the 2x captain’s test.
- Keep an eye open for any future sculling classes.
- There are many regattas throughout the year some, here is the run-down for sculling regattas that Station L will be participating in. Sign-up sheets for Regionals will be coming out shortly.
- NW Masters Regionals – June 20th – 22nd
- 3 day regatta, up to 4 events can be entered
- Vancouver Lake hosts the race this year
- Station L rows both sweep and sculling boats
- Cascadian Masters Championships – July 18th – 20th
- 3 day regatta, this year includes the Canadian Nationals
- Burnaby Lake in Vancouver, BC
- Station L rows both sweep and sculling, but looks at this as our primary sculling sprint race of the year.
- Portland Ross Island Race – August 2nd
- New regatta this year, race around Ross Island
- Based out of Oaks Park
- Race includes 1x & 2x, starts and ends at Oaks Park. The race goes around Ross Island.
- Other Head Races in the fall
- Row for the Cure
- Portland Fall Classic
- Head of the Dog